||Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Ensure appropriate and timely production placement decisions are made to achieve the company’s objectives.
2. Communicate efficiently with different teams and geographies
3. Understand suppliers capabilities, capacity and performance.
4. Third party logistics for consolidation and de-consolidation to support global markets
5. Traveling to factories and asses the factory capacity and capabilities for Global bids
6. Cost negotiations based on an in-depth understanding of component pricing. Provide cost savings to markets and present it management on quarterly basis
7. Manage the global supplier base to ensure its performance has met or exceed the organizational objectives. Supplier rationalization by category
8. Lead the sourcing project from starting to end & provide coaching to teammates on sourcing activities.
9. Participate in buying trip to ensure the trip objectives are achieved.
10. Compile sourcing data, formulate spreadsheet and data analysis and consolidation
11. Continuously develop product & market knowledge.
Specific Duties and Account abilities of the Job:
- Travel to factories and provide feedback on factories/suppliers capacity and technical abilities to support the market requirements
- Execute department initiatives that are align with GMC strategy.
- Contribute to the building of the sourcing matrix and supplier alignment by product category.
- Compile information, consolidate, organize, formulate
spreadsheet and reports for supervisor’s studies and analysis.
- Manage the buying trip from A-Z including pre-trip, itinerary set up, cost negotiation to finalization to ensure the trip objectives are fully achieved.
- Manage order execution and resolve product and production issues on a timely and proactive manner.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure it meet or exceed company KPI.
- Conduct market research, compile relevant business reports and recaps to better understand and manage the business.
- Provide solution to markets on items and value engineering proposition to the markets to better the product and lower the cost of goods
- Follow up from PO creation to execution of the product
- Communicate and coordinate with Sourcing dept and
stakeholders Resolve product and production issues on a timely basis to protect quality and ensure on time delivery by coordinating with appropriate parties.
- Contribute to supplier matrix and supplier alignment
- Maintain and update the performance data of each supplier on a regular basis.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Coordinate and validate any factory requests from
- Compile relevant business reports and recaps to better understand and manage the business.
- Identify and resolve product spec issues upfront. Direct product specs to the right supplier after discussion with the appropriate Global market. Understand and communicate product requirements to Supplier.
- Proactively identify potential product and production issues. Involve technical and sourcing team to achieve quality, price and delivery requirements.
- Execute placements based on supplier capability, capacity,
quality and delivery performance and price.
- Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed